What We Do
Indigenous Cultural Preservation & Education:
- Hoop of Life General Assembly/Indigenous Culture Day (K-12)
- Culture Summer Camp/Presentation (Tribal Colleges, Universities)
- Indigenous North American Flute Making and Playing Workshop (K-12 student and teacher training)
- Keep Traditional Arts in Schools Project (Title 1 and underserved school districts)
- Indigenous Language Education through Traditional Art Forms (Tribal Colleges)
- Lakota Children’s Book Series: Dawn Flight/Medicine Wheel Education
- Documenting Lakota Traditional Poetry and Song Compositions : Lightning and Wind CD
- Archiving of Indigenous Music, History, Oral Traditions and Medicinal Knowledge
- Educational Support and Networking: Academic Advising, Aid in Application Submissions, Student Exchange Programs and Financial Aid
- Diversity and Inclusion Education (Tribal Colleges, Universities)
Strengthening of Indigenous Communities:
- School Gardens in Standing Rock Sioux Extension Program through North Dakota State University (K-12, total of 12 schools): The program aims to promote healthy families and increase healthy food options in school lunches. Science and literacy curriculum are available to teach students how to grow their own produce in classrooms via Tower Garden® and simultaneously facilitate learning.
- Historical Documentation of Spiritual Teachers and Ways of Indigenous Peoples of North America: Book Series
- Social and Economic Development with Biodiversity and Regenerative Focus: (Alternative Energy, Sustainable Infrastructure Development)
Networking and Partnerships:
- Native Women Lead: Partnership to revolutionize systems and inspire innovation by investing in Native Women in business
- Project Nativien: Network with Indigenous Peoples in Amazon Rainforest in co-creating culturally appropriate and effective business models as well as best practices aimed at preserving the fabric of Indigenous societies and ecosystems.
- Partner with sister agencies to provide legal support and defense of Indigenous people.
- Partner with sister agencies to provide health and medical support that improve quality of life and meet basic needs of Indigenous people.
- South Dakota Arts Council: Partnership to promote Indigenous cultural arts